Join us for the Merrithew® Mindful Movement Symposium from May 5-7 at the Baryshnikov Arts Center in New York City.
This three-day event is a fantastic opportunity to meet other passionate and enthusiastic instructors, deepen your mind-body movement knowledge and earn your CECs.
Learn, grow, and network with industry pros and participate in workshops led by the best in the industry- Merrithew Master and Lead Instructor Trainers.
What makes this event special?
1. New programming and workshops
Experience the newest workshops from the Merrithew programming team and explore the latest research in exercise science, Pilates and mind-body fitness.
Choose from one of these new workshops:
- Programming Protocols for Breast Cancer Rehab: Outline the importance of early diagnosis, review detection methods, and identify treatments. Apply the Merrithew programming protocols for both the pre-operative and post-operative stages.
- Cueing & Sensory Awareness Influenced by ZEN•GA® Mindful Movement™: Learn the intricacies of the ZEN•GA Mindful Movement Practice Principles— Breathing, Support, Yield and Flow. Throughout this workshop, you’ll learn an imagery-based practice and experience how the Mindful Movement Practice Principles enhance the somatic quality of each movement.
- Flowing Sequences with the Conditioning Towel: These unique yet easy-to-follow flowing sequences will enhance your clients’ flexibility, improve strength, and foster dynamic stability for the entire body. The Conditioning Towel is a multi-purpose proprioceptive tool that can be used to stimulate the central nervous system and maximize results.
2. Meet and greet over breakfast
Nothing feels as energizing as being in a room full of people who share the same passion as you. All attendees are invited to join our breakfast on Saturday, May 6 where they’ll get to connect with other Pilates and mind-body professionals, share their experiences and knowledge, and make new friends.
3. The fan-favorite Stability Chair™ workshops are back!
You asked, we answered! We’re bringing back the Split-Pedal Stability Chair workshops, one of our most popular pieces of Pilates equipment.
Learn how to use and enhance your programming with this versatile equipment, which is ideal for clients of all levels and rehab patients who want to build their upper- and lower-body strength and conditioning, enhance stability and improve body control.
Explore how you can adapt and expand your Stability Chair programming to accommodate diverse client needs and grow your client base.
4. A fun and engaging way to earn your CECs
Earn your annual six hours of CECs in just three days by participating in the workshops at this event. You will earn 0.1/CECs per hour when you sign up for the Symposium workshops. Enrich your knowledge, gain new teaching skills, connect with other instructors and earn your CECs at the same time.
5. Learn from industry pros
Merrithew Instructor Trainers are highly sought-after and globally renowned for their comprehensive knowledge, dedication and professionalism. The Symposium gives you a chance to learn from them, which will help you elevate your career to new heights. This year’s presenters include Master Instructor Trainer PJ O’Clair and Lead Instructor Trainers Carol Earle and Sarah Jarvis.
Register now to secure your spot at this must-attend event for Pilates community!