Designed for fitness, medical and therapy professionals, Merrithew™ Fascial Movement workshops and courses explore the latest research findings on the neuromyofascial skeletal system.
With an emphasis on movement variables including Bounce, Sense, Expand and Hydrate, Merrithew Fascial Movement training offers a thorough understanding of what fascia is, what it does, how it moves and how to work with it across a range of varying modalities.
Upon completion of the Instructor Course, participants will be able to incorporate content taught in the course to their existing qualifications/training and can use the term “trained in Merrithew™ Fascial Movement”.
General Course Objectives:
- Identify the components of fascia and be able to explain its role and relevance to movement.
- Articulate the difference between tensegrity and traditional force and lever-based biomechanics.
- Define and explore fascial movement variables such as Bounce, Sense, Expand & Hydrate.
- Develop programs for clients of all levels integrating specific fascial movement variables.
Merrithew™ Fascial Movement Foundation Course, Level 1
Fascia, the most ubiquitous connective tissue in the body, is creating a buzz in the fitness industry. The importance of this multi-faceted network is only starting to be understood. The Merrithew Fascial Movement Foundation Course, Level 1 is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness, therapeutic movement and rehabilitation, and provides insight as to how movement affects and is affected by fascia. The initial lecture component of the course reviews basic fascial anatomy and physiology and explores the latest research findings on the neuromyofascial skeletal system. The application component of the course introduces movement variables including Bounce, Sense, Expand and Hydrate; and shows how they can be applied to all forms of exercise including Pilates, yoga, dance, athletic conditioning, sports performance, and rehabilitation.
Fitness professionals, movement therapists, personal trainers, yoga instructors, Pilates trainers, a variety of somatically driven movement modalities and manual therapists looking for simple movement techniques to enhance their therapeutic practices.
Course Length: 16 hours
Continuing Education Credits
|CECs: || |
|STOTT PILATES ||1.6 |
|REPs ||16.0 |
|ACE ||1.6 |
|canfitpro ||4.0 |
- Fascia Movement Instructor Course Workbook (SKU: MN08080)
- Fascia in Sport & Movement, by Robert Schleip & Amanda Baker (may be purchased online or locally)
Buy together and save:
1 per student:
- Pilates Mat
- Mini Stability Ball™ - Large
- Twist Ball™ with pump – 6 lb
- Flex-Band® - Regular
- Resistance Loop Band
- Rollga® Genesis Foam Roller
- Foam Roller™ Soft Density (36 or 18 inch)
- Mini Stability Ball™ - Small
or 1 per 2 students:
- Mini Stability Ball™ - XSmall
- Mini Stability Ball™ - Small
5 per course:
- Peanut Massage Ball – 2-Pack
- Weighted Massage Rollers – 2-Pack
- Balance & Therapy Domes – 2-Pack
3 per 12 or 4 per 18 students:
- Fascia ReleaZer®
- Small Massage Ball
- Laptop Computer
- Projector & Screen
- White Board
- Chalkboard or Large Flip pad
- Table and Chairs
This course is intended for those who have a solid understanding of functional anatomy and biomechanics.
Click below for a price list from the Toronto Corporate Training Center for courses, exams and materials.
Note: Prices listed are for the Toronto Corporate Training Center and are provided as a reference. Prices will vary depending on region and location. Please contact individual training centres for up-to-date pricing information as well as any packages or discounts that may be available.
Policies and procedures
General Merrithew™ Policies are available here. Please refer to the specific course and facility policies when registering for instructor training