Diversity and inclusivity
February 15, 2021
Merrithew™ is committed to building awareness and understanding of social injustice.
Our diverse team and community across race, body type, ability, gender, age, religion, identity, and sexual orientation inspire us every day. Here are the first steps of our developing action plan, which will initially address five areas that we believe will contribute to long-standing positive change in our organization and industry.
- Internally: Establish a Diversity and Inclusivity Committee to help make a difference within our organization and foster a culture where every voice is listened to and valued. Initial goals include, but are not limited to: Celebrate the diversity of the company; organize and offer diversity training seminars to staff; recognize and celebrate major cultural and international celebrations; review internal events and programs for improvement
- Education: Include Diversity and Inclusivity training in our educational events and programs, beginning with the Instructor Trainer Conference in November
- Training: Activate Cultural Sensitivity Training when traveling and working abroad to host tradeshows, events and symposiums
- Accessibility: Contribute to Pilates Diversity Scholarships awarded by Merrithew Licensed Training Centers for Merrithew™ education programs, STOTT PILATES®, ZEN•GA®, Total Barre®, Halo® Training, Merrithew Fascial Movement and CORE™ Athletic Conditioning and Performance Training™
- Representation: Adapt content to ensure that it represents our community across catalogs, blogs, social media, and outgoing communications. We encourage our community to continue sharing relevant and diverse content that we will then credit and highlight in our communications, blogs, social media and beyond
Thank you to our inspirational community for sharing your stories and experiences as we develop a plan to support diversity and inclusivity in our organization and industry. Check back as we update this page with further actions.