Challenge your clients with these athletic conditioning footwork exercises from the STOTT PILATES® repertoire. The movements on the Stability Chair™ will work to strengthen the quads (knee extensors), glutes and hamstrings (hip extensors), torso stabilizers such as the abdominals and erector spinae as well as shoulder stabilizers such as the supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor and subscapularis. Plus, this video includes modifications for clients of varying fitness levels.
- Make sure to stabilize the pelvis and avoid any hiking, rotation or tilt.
- Ensure the torso and shoulders are stabilized
- Check the knees and ankles to ensure they’re tracking properly
- Avoid excessive pronation or supination during any lowering and lifting
- Be mindful of dorsi and plantar flexion