At the upcoming Merrithew™ Mindful Movement Symposium in Melbourne, Australia Feb. 3–5, 2017, participants can sign up for a range of Total Barre® courses and workshops.
The programming (outlined below) focuses on deepening anatomical knowledge, improving choreography and working with special populations.
Here is a brief review of the Total Barre line up and what you can expect to learn.
The dynamic Total Barre program is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement. Instructors looking to bring music-inspired movement to their clients will love the 11 specially arranged and selected segments that serve as the template for each session or class.
Segments are accompanied by timed selections of music, each at a designated pace and focus on individual areas of the body or movement type. After completing this program students will be prepared to teach the repertoire safely, effectively and with confidence.
Our Total Barre program provides a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
General Course Objectives:
- Learn creative choreography of a well-balanced Barre workout.
- Receive a template to effectively guide participants to modify and choreograph future workouts.
- Break down various movements and explore the stabilization and mobilization required to achieve them.
- Learn how to cue, correct and modify effectively for all populations.
- Experience and implement six Total Barre Foundational Principles.
- Participants are supplied suggested beats per minute for each segment of the workout they learn with optional music playlist.
We’re ‘raising the barre’ with this workshop adds even more neuromuscular challenge to coordination learned in Level 1. Following the class template from the Foundation Course, balance and strength exercises now use a number of props such as Handweights or Toning Balls, Foam Rollers and Ankle Tubing to help challenge and bump up the strength and calorie burning results. Working in a continuous flow to keep the heart rate elevated, a recommended play list of music is provided, as well as suggested beats per minute for each segment.
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of the STOTT PILATES® method.
- Understand movement essence and exercise goals.
- Understand how modifications increase exercise intensity and develop muscular endurance.
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness when cueing to music.
- Learn the basis to teach this pre-programmed class
Expectant and new mothers alike will reap the myriad benefits of exercising with music in this unique Total Barre program. Not only will this workout keep new moms and moms-to-be moving, but the plus of moving to music will help tackle self-image issues, reduce stress, combat postural and muscle imbalances, and increase social interaction.
Created by the programming brains at Merrithew, the Total Barre template is used as the guideline in an appropriate workout for this very special population. Every move is designed to increase flexibility, balance, joint stability and pelvic floor activation all while boosting moods and lifting spirits.
- Learn how to apply the Total Barre Foundational Principles in a pre- post-natal workout.
- Understand how to use the Total Barre template to create a unique workout.
- Discover modifications appropriate for the pre and post-natal client taking physiological changes and requirements into account.
- Explore how appropriate music selections can help combat a variety of pre-and post-natal concerns.
The Total Barre system provides the perfect opportunity to combine music and movement to create more than just a pre-choreographed fitness class. In this workshop, created by the movement experts at Merrithew, learn how every aspect of choreography, from choosing individual pieces to stringing together the perfect movements, will motivate your classes and deliver exceptional results.
The Total Barre workout segment platform and movement essences are used as the backdrop in the creation of effective full-body classes. Explore every step of the choreographic process including how to select music, how to hear counts and phrasing, and develop a music vocabulary. Next, learn how to match tempo, musical breaks, accents, lyrics and crescendos / diminuendos with physical versions of the same. Leave this interactive session with an 11-segment playlist, four new choreographed segments and one additional segment created by you ready for your next class.
- Apply the Total Barre Foundational Principles in the creation of individual exercise segments.
- Discover how rhythm, pace, counts and phrasing contribute to effective choreography.
- Learn how music selection and exercise choice can increase energy output and physical benefits.
- Learn techniques that inspire clear, high-quality movement through positive verbal and visual cueing.
Total Barre isn’t the only thing happening at the Australia Symposium—there is a host of exciting programming to take advantage of, including STOTT PILATES® Focus & Conditioning for Golf on the V2 Max Plus™ Reformer, ZEN•GA® Full Body Integration and STOTT PILATES for the Older Adult. Click to see the full lineup of Australia Symposium programming, or to register.