Discover the power of precision with Wataru Kamiizumi, Merrithew® Lead Instructor Trainer and Founder of Bcube LTC, as he presents the Sidekick Kneeling exercise from the STOTT PILATES® Advanced Matwork repertoire.
“With this exercise, you can target your gluteus muscles, especially hip abductors such as gluteus medius, gluteus minimus and tensor fascia latae, which are located at the side. Strengthening hip abductors is absolutely crucial,” says Wataru.
Pro tip: For increased comfort, alleviate hip tension by allowing your hips to rotate externally and outward.
The Sidekick Kneeling exercise isolates the leg movement from the torso and is perfect for enhancing stability and balance. This exercise offers several benefits:
- Improves flexibility and range of motion in the hip joint
- Increases strength and endurance throughout the upper and lower body
- Enhances whole-body integration
- Reduces risk of injury
- Improves posture and alignment while standing and walking
- Promotes better overall balance for standing upright
Enjoyed working out with Wataru? Check out his upcoming workshops.
We’d love to feature you!
Are you a Merrithew Instructor Trainer interested in sharing an exercise with our community? Write to us at email@example.com for your chance to be featured in our most popular blog series.