As a mind-body exercise practitioner, we know you exude mindfulness in your workouts, but what about in other areas and aspects of your life? Live a life full of mindfulness by always being present and aware of your thoughts, body and surroundings – this practice can lead to reduced stress and help you in achieving a better state of presence. Here are some tips to always act in a mindful manner:
- Be alert to your surroundings and enjoy what makes you feel good.
- Be present: listen to what other people are saying and not what you think they are saying or what you want to say next.
- Be conscious of your body and take time to look after it. Take note of what you are consuming and know that everything you take into your body can have an effect on how you feel both physically and emotionally.
- Be cognizant of your breath: breathing regulates all the systems of the body and is a stress reducer for the nervous system. Breathing practice can increase metabolic rate and creates more inner awareness both physically and mentally.
- Be mindful to move with awareness and purpose to create a closer self-connection.
How do you practice mindfulness in your daily life? We’d love for you to share your tips with us in the comments!