The countdown is on – just about six short weeks until the 2015 Merrithew Mindful Movement Symposium touches down in New York City for three fun-filled days packed with the latest and greatest in mind-body modalities. We put together a rundown of the top ten things you need to be in the loop on for the event!
- Train with the best – including MOIRA MERRITHEW! Our global symposiums are always a great opportunity to learn from top-tier Instructor Trainers including world renowned PJ O’Clair, Leslie Wall and Sarah Jarvis. This year features a very RARE opportunity to train with Master Instructor Trainer, Co-Founder, and Executive Director, Education of MERRITHEW™, Moira Merrithew herself! In addition to overseeing the education department and co-creating new programming content, before co-founding the STOTT PILATES® method, Moira trained and certified as a Pilates instructor under Romana Kryzanowska.
- Program Streams. New for 2015, we’re taking the guesswork out of attending the Symposium. Whether you train groups, athletes, or private clients, our program streams, including Merrithew Mindful Medley, Group Ex, and Dance (just to name a few), will personalize and focus your schedule over the three-day event.
- New Programming. The science of exercise is always evolving and so are we. Get versed in the latest findings and refresh your clients’ workouts after attending new workshops including STOTT PILATES® Stability Barrel – Create Balance and Control, STOTT PILATES Flexion Free, Halo Introduction to Intermittent Interval Training, and more.
- Refer Three and Come for Free! This is one that you do NOT want to miss out on - everything is always more fun with a friend, or three! When you refer three friends who attend the Symposium for the first time, your registration will be free! So go on and tell your besties about the event – it’s a win-win experience for everyone.
- CECs and Savings. Get a head start on earning your 2015 Continuing Education Credits from a variety of interesting and thought-provoking workshops while tailoring your teaching approach to work with different types of clientele. Also, the sooner you sign up, the more you can save! Advanced registration closes on March 15th so don’t delay – secure your spot before prices go up.
- Check out timeoutnewyork.com. Especially if you’ll be visiting the big apple for the first time, discover the best that New York has to offer through the ultimate resource, www.timeoutnewyork.com – it’s one of our team’s favourite websites to visit for restaurants, shopping, culture and more!
- Network, network, network! We’re so proud to have created a global community of exceptional mindful movement practitioners – we want you to meet all of them and for them to meet YOU! We dare you: introduce yourself to three new people at every workshop – at the end of the event you’ll have a ton of new like-minded friends.
- Clean Eats. New York is always ahead of the curve with the latest food trends – immerse yourself in all of the healthy deliciousness that the city has to offer. Whether you’re sipping a green juice from Juice Generation or swinging into Organic Avenue for a grab-and-go snack, there are a ton of healthy, clean options that will leave you fuelled and energetic for the Symposium.
- Tour the Baryshnikov Arts Centre. We’re pleased to host our New York Symposium in the inspiring Baryshnikov Arts Centre – a creative laboratory, meeting place and performance space for artists around the world. Immerse yourself in all that the space has to offer and take in art galleries and a performance, if you have a chance!
- Test out the new Stability Barrel. Stay ahead of the curve (see what we did there?) and test out our recently-launched Stability Barrel. The newest addition to our line of barrels offers dual-functionality and can be used inverted or upright. Give it a try and play around with all of the new programming options available to this unique piece of equipment!
Have you attended the Symposium before? What tips would you share with attendees? If it’s your first time, what are you most excited for?