The finishing touches to a brand new Total Barre manual are currently being made! It will serve not only as a visual guide to be used when teaching classes, but also as a complete reference handbook. The manual is divided into sections that serve to provide fitness instructors with in-depth information and tools that can be used to lead a fun class while improving the quality of teaching.
- The Method: The systematic approach to this program provides the framework for building and modifying barre classes. The presentation of the segments will enable instructors to adjust, modify or expand the specific programming in each section.
- The Principles: Adapted from the STOTT PILATES® Five Basic principles, these biomechanically based body awareness fundamentals are integral to the effective teaching and practice of all Total Barre exercises and sequences. This section provides a detailed breakdown of the principles that is accompanied by descriptive images to illustrate the pertinent points. The Principles are:
- Pelvic Placement
- Rib Cage Placement & Stabilization
- Scapular Movement & Stabilization
- Head & Cervical Placement
- Hip, Knee, Ankle & Foot Placement
- The Essences: The Essence section of the manual gives an in-depth analysis of the exercises being performed in all 11 segments, expansive teaching tips and a unique ‘Be Aware’ section that outlines specific matters that require greater attention. Each exercise is accompanied by photographs, which point out incorrect vs. correct positioning, placement or execution.
- The Workout: Here, each movement of the workout is listed along with exercise names and movement descriptions, counts, repetitions and musical cues, essence, positional information and transitions and suggested length and tempo of music. The accompanying photos for each movement are large enough so they can be used as a quick-glance reference while teaching a class.
The manual will be on sale in August. Stay tuned for more information!