I don't have a DVD player available but I would like to review Merrithew™ videos and workouts. Do you offer digital video options?
How can I complete my observation, physical review and practice teaching hours during this time?
Yes! We have recently launched our new digital video platform, Merrithew Connect™. You’ll get access to on-demand workouts and video content so you can learn from our team of renowned instructors and re-watch and practice what you learn anytime, anywhere.
My local Training Center is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. How can I keep up with practicing and studying?
In addition to the options found on our website, our team has approved new ways that you can complete the practice hours required for your course(s).
- Observe any STOTT PILATES® video available on our new digital video platform Merrithew Connect
- Observe any Exercise of the Month on our Blog or on our Instagram and Facebook pages
- Observe a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or Merrithew Instructor Trainer teaching a live online class. Please ensure you receive permission from the presenting Instructor well in advance
Physical review hours
- Stream videos online through Merrithew Connect and follow along with the Instructor
- Participate in an online Pilates session or join an online group Pilates class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or Merrithew Instructor Trainer
- Attend a Merrithew Online Workshop (offered by select Training Centers worldwide or Merrithew’s Corporate Training Center)
Practice teaching hours
- Participate in an online session with friends and family by using a video conferencing program, such as Skype or Zoom, and cue and correct them through a workout
- Teach the people you are currently self-isolating with (if applicable)
- Visit Merrithew Connect and cue the videos. Select a video you wish to teach and place the video on mute and cue the “client” through the intended workout
Is Merrithew offering online training during this time?
In addition to the different options to complete your Observation, Physical Review and Practice Teaching Hours, there are different ways to keep up with practicing and studying:
- Use online platforms to connect with fellow students, friends and family and guide them through a workout
- Take online private sessions with a Merrithew Instructor Trainer or participate in online group classes or ask to observe the class. Private session rates to be determined by the Training Center/Instructor Trainer
- Review Functional Anatomy
- Review your course manuals, focusing on starting position, movement/breaths, essence of the exercise, target muscles and modifications. It is very important to read the manuals thoroughly to understand each exercise in depth
- Review your course support material, focusing on postural theory, postural assessment and programming
- Watch and review Merrithew DVDs
- Create a group with peers to study together using a video conferencing program
Is Merrithew offering Online Examination options during this time?
Select Training Centers are offering online workshops and we are actively working to rollout more virtual training opportunities and we will continue to share updates with our community on this.
For further information on currently scheduled offerings, please contact your local Training Center.
What if I cannot complete my STOTT PILATES examination prior to my exam deadline?
Merrithew’s online examination options do include both the written and the practical components of the examination. These online examination options are a temporary solution to help ease the challenges of examining in-person during COVID-19 and local lock-downs. Select Training Centers, including Merrithew’s Corporate Training Center, are able to offer this option to students. Please connect with a Training Center who is offering online examinations to schedule a time.
To find a Training Center near you, please see our website under Find Training. Please keep in mind that if you do choose to complete the examination online, you will need to have access to all the necessary equipment for your examination and will be responsible for providing your own exam body. For more details on the online exam option, please download the Online Examination Guide for Students (PDF) for the full details.
What if I need to complete an Examination Reinstatement Session before taking my exams?
Any student whose examination deadline would have lapsed between November 2019 and the present date will be granted an extension on their STOTT PILATES examination until March 31, 2021. With the assistance of our Training Centers, we will continue to monitor the effect COVID-19 is having on different regions.
We are committed to supporting each student through their STOTT PILATES Certification. If a student needs further extensions past March 31, please contact your local Training Center or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I complete my CECs when I am unable to attend an in-person course or workshop like I normally would?
Please contact your local Training Center for options.
What if I am unable to complete my CECs this year due to COVID-19?
In light of the global effect of COVID-19, we have made some temporary changes to our Continuing Education program and policies. We understand that during this time, some of the CEC options that you are used to, are not available or difficult to complete.
Below are additional ways to maintain your CECs without attending an in-person course or workshop. For full details on each option, please refer to the CEC FAQ page:
Video petition – teaching a Merrithew DVD or digital video workout to a ‘client’
- You can study a Merrithew DVD or digital video on Merrithew Connect and submit a video of you teaching a section to a client for evaluation
- Clients can be family, friends or yourself, if you are unable to teach anyone else due to physical distancing regulations
- A petition form must accompany your video submission along with the petition fee. For every Merrithew DVD or digital video that you review, please submit a 15-minute videotaped segment of yourself teaching the section
- During 2020, 0.2 CECs per 15 minutes will be awarded once approved. This is an increase of the normal 0.1 CEC per 15 minutes normally awarded. The petition fee is $30 USD/$35 CAD/£15 GBP plus tax, where applicable per 15-minute submission
- You can earn all 0.6 CECs through this option. If you are submitting multiple submissions, each submission has to be from a different Merrithew DVD or digital video
- Note: Video submissions will not count towards STOTT PILATES Specialty Track Designations
Video petition – physically demonstrate customized repertoire
- Submit a video of a workout you have created either of yourself demonstrating the workout or you teaching a client (including family members and friends). Teaching abilities, programming, repertoire proficiency and safety will be evaluated and feedback will be provided
- A variety of topics including, but not limited to, exercises on specialized equipment training or special populations and conditions can be submitted. A petition form must accompany your video submission along with the petition fee. The petition fee is $30 USD/$35 CAD/£15 GBP plus tax, where applicable per 30-minute submission
- During 2020, 0.3 CECs can be earned this way, and you may earn all 0.6 CECs through this option. This is an increase from the normal 0.2 CECs per 30-minute submission with a maximum of 0.2 CECs being able to be earned per calendar year
- Note: Video submissions will not count towards STOTT PILATES Specialty Track Designations
- Note: Pregnant and/or Injured Instructors can submit a video of themselves teaching a client
I had requested an extension on my 2019 CECs and planned to make them up by my new deadline of May 31, 2020 but am unable to now. What are my options?
We understand many Instructors may face difficulties maintaining their CECs during COVID-19 for various reasons.
For any STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor who is unable to complete their CECs in 2020 and require an extension due to COVID-19, we are providing a complementary extension, valid until May 31, 2021. Please contact email@example.com.
What is the best way to clean and maintain my Merrithew equipment from home?
For any Certified Instructors who requested extensions on their CECs from previous years, will be granted a further extension to December 31, 2020 to complete their CECs. In order to receive this extension, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If closer to that time you are still unable to complete the required CECs, please contact us as we will work with you and discuss your options.
For any additional questions or concerns related to continuing education, please contact email@example.com.
What is Merrithew doing to help take care of the community and staff?
We’ve put together some tips here on how to best clean the high-touch surfaces on your equipment and a few other strategies you can put in place at home to minimize the spread of germs, as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
You can view our full guidelines and recommendations here.
We are committed to ensuring we do our part in reducing the spread of COVID-19 and to keeping you informed along the way.
We have taken several precautions over the last week. Some of those actions are:
- Temporary closure of the Merrithew Studio & Corporate Training Center
- Social distancing
- Suspension of our “white glove” in home delivery and installs & service related calls
- Following the World Health Organization’s prevention guidelines
Learn more about steps Merrithew is taking here.