A movement as complex as a golf swing requires focus, strength, flexibility, balance, and power from the ground up. In this interactive two-level workshop, developed by the Merrithew® team, learn how to use specially designed Matwork exercises to help clients sharpen all of those areas. The workshop begins with a warm up at the tee then progresses to modifications and variations that work on increasing focus and body awareness, isolating crucial core muscles and combining the elements of strength with flexibility. Next, more challenging moves that incorporate hand-held Toning Balls™ are demonstrated and executed with a focus on isolating key physical components to help get that extra advantage on the green.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES® Principles to modified exercises on the Mat.
- Learn specific exercises designed for golf conditioning.
- Understand how these exercises challenge strength, stability and coordination.
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- Progress the workout through level-1 and level-2 difficulty and intensity.
Equipment used in this workshop
Pilates on the Green, Level 1