Discover the Pilates Edge™ and bring variety and innovation to your expectant clients’ workouts. Take Moms-to-be from traditional Matwork exercises to creative variations incorporating this versatile tool, which helps alter the angle of the routine. Keeping the latest medical information and ACOG guidelines in mind, anatomical and physiological changes, risk factors and movement considerations are discussed with an eye to providing a safe and effective workout, developed by the Merrithew™ team. Applications of the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES® for pregnancy and exercise adaptations for those in the second trimester are explored utilizing the foam triangle’s increasing height.
Pre- and Post-natal
- Understand appropriateness of STOTT PILATES as well as possible contraindications during pregnancy.
- Learn about physiological changes throughout all three trimesters.
- Discover specific exercise modifications using the Pilates Edge.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of stabilization to prenatal exercises.
- Develop cues and corrections to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Equipment used in the workshop
Prenatal Pilates on the Edge