This lecture, developed by the Merrithew™ team, is a review for those who already have functional anatomy knowledge. Topics include: basic biomechanics (levers, effects of gravitational force, effects of muscle force), anatomical terminology, skeletal anatomy, actions at the joints, major muscle groups and the muscles’ origin insertion and action. Select exercises from the STOTT PILATES® repertoire are also broken down and analyzed in terms of the functional anatomy at play. Participants will deepen their understanding of the body and enhance their teaching.
- Understand levers, effects of gravitational force and effects of muscle force
- Review anatomical terminology
- Review musculoskeletal anatomy
- Review muscle origins, insertions and actions
- Understand how to analyze the functional anatomy of an exercise