As Senior Content Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for creating effective content strategies, plans and key messages that support our brand and overall company objectives, while serving the needs of stakeholders across the company and a range of audiences. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, this role will work closely with our digital marketing & social teams, education & sales, events, PR and design.
You should be that person who is one step ahead of trends, loves to engage audiences with a great brand story, is immersed in popular culture and is personally and professionally curious about new topics and ideas. You have a passion for being creative, while adding the right balance of structure and process to operate effectively at scale as you work with multiple teams to build and drive content for our US, Canada and international markets.
The Senior Content Marketing Specialist leads Merrithew’s content activities, owning the content marketing strategy, devising and sharing a detailed editorial calendar and working cross-functionally to deliver content that covers a variety of topics and serves a variety of audiences. You will utilize different formats of content (e.g. blogs, video, long form, short form, interviews, visuals) across different channels (e.g. website, social, emails, articles, PR, ads, sales collateral, etc.) to tell stories that resonate, engage and convert.
- Develop the annual strategic blog/newsletter content plan that outlines goals, audience matrix, cross-channel approaches, content deliverables and KPIs, collaborating with Marketing, Education and Sales teams
- Build an audience matrix with target markets, key messages, topics, content types and channels to ensure content is engaging, performing and aligned across platforms and touchpoints
- Create, write and monitor the day-to-day content for the blog/newsletter and manage the editorial calendar, working with members of the Marketing team and cross-functional departments to align on goals, strategies, themes and distribution strategies to get our content to global audiences
- Manage content projects from ideation through to fruition, collaborating and communicating with key stakeholders, including the creation and execution (copywriting, interviewing, editing, proofreading) of all content as required – such as blogs, ads, editorial, website, product descriptions, sell sheets, catalogs, newsletters, emails, press releases, executive communications, style guides and brand guidelines, articles, video scripts, etc.
- Formulate insights and leverage reports to recalibrate content and recommend actions
- Identify and develop KPIs and report regularly, utilizing platform tools and analytics such as Meltwater to set goals, identify trends and optimize tactics
- Proof read and edit sales, education and marketing collateral, including social media calendars and other items as required
- Support cross-functional teams on other content needs and special projects to ensure consistency of voice, tone and language
Skills and qualifications
- A business marketing, journalism or copywriting degree/diploma
- 5+ years of professional experience in marketing, media and/or communications, in a content-focused role
- Experience working for or with a global organization with multiple business-units and target markets is required
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proven expertise and success in ideating and creating/writing marketing content across a broad range of content types, channels and target markets (e.g. long form, short form, blogs, video scripts, websites, PR, product descriptions, sales collateral, etc.)
- Experience strategizing, building, executing and scaling media relations programs
- A positive, creative-thinker who is enthusiastic about their work, enjoys being a part of a team and working cross-functionally
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritise tasks and competing priorities while ensuring deadlines are met.
- High attention to detail with relentlessly high standards and outstanding organizational and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to use data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements, with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape and how content plays a role in SEO required; Google Analytics experience is expected
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working within the fitness, health, wellness industries is preferred, but not mandatory