As Senior Content Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for creating effective content strategies, plans and key messages that support our brand and overall company objectives, while serving the everyday content needs of stakeholders across the company and a range of audiences. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, this role will work closely with our digital, social media, education and sales marketing teams, as well as our global education programming, sales, events and design departments.
You should be that person who is one step ahead of trends, loves to engage audiences with great content, is immersed in popular culture and is personally and professionally curious about new topics and ideas. You have a passion for being creative, while adding the right balance of structure and process to operate effectively at scale as you work with multiple teams to build and drive content for our US, Canada and international markets. This is a great next step for someone at an agency looking to go client-side with the right role.
The Senior Content Marketing Specialist leads Merrithew’s content activities, working cross-functionally to deliver content that covers a variety of topics and serves a range of audiences, owning the content marketing strategy and developing a detailed editorial calendar. You will utilize different formats of content (e.g. blogs, video, long form, short form, interviews, visuals) across different channels (e.g. website, social, emails, articles, PR, ads, sales collateral, etc.) to tell stories that resonate, engage and convert.
- Manage content projects from ideation to implementation, including the creation and execution (copywriting, interviewing, editing, proofreading) of all content across the organization as required – blogs, emails, ads, editorial, newsletters, website, product descriptions, sell sheets, catalogs, press releases, executive communications, media kits, brand guidelines, etc.
- Support cross-functional teams on content needs and special projects to ensure consistency of voice, tone and language and alignment to brand guidelines - including proofreading and editing sales and education marketing collateral, social media content and other items as required
- Lead content meetings with Education and Sales, brainstorm and bring to life new content that supports goals and the marketing calendar
- Create, write and monitor the day-to-day content for the blog/newsletter and manage the editorial calendar, collaborating with Marketing, Education and Sales teams to align on goals, strategies, themes and distribution strategies to get our content to audiences in the US, Canada and key international markets such as Germany, Japan and South Korea
- Identify and develop KPIs and present monthly reports, utilizing tools such as Meltwater and Google Analytics to identify trends, monitor news and gather, analyze and leverage data to formulate insights, recommend actions, recalibrate content and optimize tactics
- Develop a strategic content plan that outlines goals, an audience matrix, target markets, key messages, topics, content types, cross-channel approaches (including our blog/newsletter), deliverables and KPIs
Skills and qualifications
- A business marketing, journalism or copywriting degree/diploma
- 5+ years of professional experience in marketing, media and/or communications, in a content-focused role
- Experience working for or with a global organization with multiple business units and target markets
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proven expertise and success in ideating and creating/writing marketing content across a range of content types, channels and target markets
- A positive, creative thinker who is enthusiastic about their work, enjoys being a part of a team and working cross-functionally. No arrogance.
- Inspired to have an impact on a growing global brand, motivated to do good work and always ready to multitask, manage multiple projects simultaneously, shift gears and roll up your sleeves
- A self-starter keen to develop new ideas, spot opportunities, define topics and work with a wide variety of experts to tell our stories
- Comfortable prioritizing tasks and competing priorities while working under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast moving environment
- High attention to detail with relentlessly high standards and outstanding organizational, prioritization and time/project management skills
- Ability to use data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape, how content plays a role in SEO and Google Analytics experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working within the fitness, health, wellness industries is preferred, but not mandatory