Programming Coordinator, Education
This permanent Programming Coordinator (Lead IT) role is located in our mid-town Toronto corporate office at 2200 Yonge Street, Suite 500, Toronto ON, M4S 2C6. This role will provide exceptional services to clients and instructors, and continuously collaborate with colleagues on ways to improve the research, development and program design of Total Barre™, STOTT PILATES® and Halo® Training education programming. This role reports directly to our Senior Program Director, Education Programming.
The challenge to each Merrithew™ Representative is to be a key contributor, both as an individual and as part of Merrithew team. We ask them to demonstrate a commitment to their roles, their colleagues and their customers by being productive, dependable, and punctual.
Our employees are expected to conduct themselves in a friendly, courteous and professional manner both inside and outside the workplace as ambassadors of our Company.
The salary range for this role is $48,000-$50,000 CAD. We have several perks here at Merrithew which consists of a comprehensive group benefits plan (life insurance, long-term disability, health, dental, vision, extended medical), discretionary bonus and free exercise classes!
- Provide one or more of the following types of services at the Toronto Corporate Training Center and Merrithew Studio: client training office/ administration, trade show and event presenting, internal teaching and external training.
- Be available to work 40 hours per week based on schedule to be provided by Merrithew and which availability shall include two (2) weekends per month.
- Collaborate with Merrithew employees and contractors on the research, development, and program design of Total Barre™, STOTT PILATES® and Halo® Training education programming, among others.
- Collaborate with Merrithew employees and contractors on expansion of web based education to support community of students, instructors and ITs (workshops, courses, etc.) in countries where there is currently no LTC servicing the community (e.g. Brazil)
- Translation support to include day to day operations (administration), education materials, communications, and marketing.
- As brand Ambassador, represent the Merrithew brands in a professional manner.
- Mentor new Instructors in the development of their careers.
Skills and qualifications
- Merrithew™ Lead Instructor Trainer, specializing in Total Barre™, STOTT PILATES® and Halo® Training
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of industry experience
- CPR Certification an asset
- ACE (American Council of Exercise) Certification and Continuing Education Provider OR equivalent University degree.
- Strong English (written/verbal) communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with good listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time-management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Portuguese language skills are an asset.
Merrithew™ is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please indicate so by notifying Human Resources.
Merrithew, Leaders in Mindful Movement™, was co-founded by Lindsay and Moira Merrithew in 1988. For over 25 years they have been dedicated to enriching the lives of others by providing responsible exercise modalities and innovative fitness brands across the globe. Merrithew’s premier Pilates brand, STOTT PILATES®, delivers best-in class Pilates education and media to everyone from avid exercisers, elite athletes, and pre/post-natal clients, to rehab and fitness professionals, and is used by studios worldwide.
Other high-end Merrithew fitness brands include ZEN•GA®, Total Barre™, CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™ and Halo® Training. Merrithew has trained over 50,000 students in over 100 countries. Merrithew’s Media Division (MMD) produces print and video-based content for professional and consumer markets.