Payroll & Accounting Coordinator, Finance
Reporting to the Interim VP Finance, the Payroll & Accounting Coordinator is responsible for the preparation of 3 separate bi-weekly payrolls using ADP TeamPay. In addition, this position will lead and project manage a variety of initiatives working with Accounting, HR, IT, etc.
The ideal candidate is a well-organized, highly motivated, responsive and reliable individual who is detail oriented and has excellent communication skills.
- Prepare and administer payroll functions for 130+ employees and contractors.
- Produce ROEs.
- Prepare and file annual T4 and T4A forms and returns.
- Prepare and file annual EHT returns.
- Track staff vacation, sick time, and absences.
- Prepare and process all payroll related journal entries and GL account reconciliations related to payroll.
- Prepare and file monthly WSIB remittances and annual WSIB return.
- Calculate employee benefit co-pay amounts and prepare monthly billing submission.
- Provide support to employees, supervisors, and managers as appropriate.
- Other payroll and accounting related duties as assigned.
- Provide support/ backup in maintaining our HRMS/ MAT system, as well as training to new employees.
- Provide assistance in the upgrade project as it relates to the HRMS and any associated modules.
- Develop and prepare KPI metrics for monthly review and communication to management.
- Lead and provide support to the implementation and support of the timekeeping processes and equipment.
- Execute TimeIPS time and attendance processing with interface with payroll.
Skills and qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience performing payroll functions using ADP – experience with TeamPay an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration/ Finance or related field an asset.
- Completion of, or working towards the payroll designation through the Canadian Payroll Association.
- Deep proficiency with MS Office (especially excel) and familiarity with AccPac/ Sage 300.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with metrics and data analysis an asset.
- Strong coordination and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, deadline orientation with the ability to be flexible.
- Take ownership of tasks and sees them through to completion.
- Experience with TimeIPS or other automated time keeping system is considered a benefit.
Merrithew™ is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please indicate so by notifying Human Resources.
Merrithew, Leaders in Mindful Movement™, was co-founded by Lindsay and Moira Merrithew in 1988. For over 25 years they have been dedicated to enriching the lives of others by providing responsible exercise modalities and innovative fitness brands across the globe. Merrithew’s premier Pilates brand, STOTT PILATES®, delivers best-in class Pilates education and media to everyone from avid exercisers, elite athletes, and pre/post-natal clients, to rehab and fitness professionals, and is used by studios worldwide.
Other high-end Merrithew fitness brands include ZEN•GA®, Total Barre™, CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™ and Halo® Training. Merrithew has trained over 50,000 students in over 100 countries. Merrithew’s Media Division (MMD) produces print and video-based content for professional and consumer markets.