Our highly successful and rapidly growing online ecommerce store is in need of support in the form of an Ecommerce Specialist. Located at our midtown Toronto office (currently work-from-home), this position will take an active and important role in driving end-to-end growth – engagement, acquisition and retention for the company’s direct-to-consumer (D2C) online store.
The Ecommerce Specialist is a key contributor to all ecommerce related activities including promotions planning and implementation, new product launches, product performance optimization, merchandising, digital content development, and analytics benchmarking and reporting. To be successful, you will need to be a stickler for detail, a natural problem-solver and highly motivated.
- Coordinate, execute and optimize all direct-to-consumer (D2C) ecommerce plans on merrithew.com
- Lead new product launches and ecommerce content updates to keep the store fresh, engaging and effective
- Execute monthly, seasonal and special promotion initiatives
- Create new and maintain existing ecommerce store pages ensuring thoroughness, accuracy and adherence to best practices
- Track and measure results to increase ecommerce performance
- Create promo codes and coupons for promotional efforts
- Partner with internal teams to support SEO and paid digital media initiatives
- Manage product ratings and reviews program
- Devise and implement strategies to improve user experience, acquire new online customers and grow revenue
Skills and qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in a directly related ecommerce role
- Degree or diploma in ecommerce or business
- Keen attention to detail to ensure completely accurate information for hundreds of products
- Flexibility to adapt to the needs of a rapidly growing organization
- Analytical, with strong experience using numbers to deliver insights and action using Excel, Google Analytics and other tools
- Clear understanding of current and emerging ecommerce best practices
- Proficient communication and copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills with experience using Jira, Confluence and Slack preferred
- Experience in the fitness, health or wellness industries is preferred, but not mandatory
- A passion for ecommerce, UX and digital strategy with an equally strong desire to learn, understand and grow
- Note to Recruiters : Thank you for your interest, but please do not contact us
- At the present time, we will only consider those applicants who are legally authorized to work in Canada
- A complete job description will be provided upon request
Merrithew™ is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please indicate so by notifying Human Resources.
Merrithew, Leaders in Mindful Movement™, was co-founded by Lindsay and Moira Merrithew in 1988. For over 30 years they have been dedicated to enriching the lives of others by providing responsible exercise modalities and innovative fitness brands across the globe. Merrithew’s premier Pilates brand, STOTT PILATES®, delivers best-in class Pilates education and media to everyone from avid exercisers, elite athletes, and pre/post-natal clients, to rehab and fitness professionals, and is used by studios worldwide.
Other high-end Merrithew fitness brands include ZEN•GA®, Total Barre®, CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™ and Halo® Training. Merrithew has trained over 60,000 students in over 135 countries. Merrithew’s Media Division (MMD) produces print and video-based content for professional and consumer markets.