The E-Commerce Manager will be responsible for overseeing the company’s online store, helping to drive end-to-end growth – engagement, acquisition and retention. The role oversees all activities related to E-Commerce including promotions planning and implementation, new product launches, product performance management, inbound digital marketing initiatives, web site optimization and merchandising, digital content development and analytics benchmarking and reporting. This role is also responsible for staying abreast of our E-Commerce and Marketing efforts with other e-retailer clients and working cross-functionally with other teams on customer segmentation and data management projects.
The position requires a highly organized individual who has a strong business acumen, analytic rigor, deep customer segmentation knowledge and a keen eye for detail to drive and manage high-impact marketing initiatives and campaigns. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and pride yourself on project management and rolling up your sleeves with the rest of the team to do what’s needed. The E-Commerce Manager must live and breathe the online world and be hyper-focused on results – you love numbers and are adept at leveraging data to draw informed and actionable insights.
Web content & customer experience
- Create new and maintain existing web store pages ensuring thoroughness, consistency and accuracy of information, for all categories, subcategories, products and brands adhering to SEO best practices and optimized user UX
- In conjunction with Content Specialist, provide in-depth and accurate content for new items and existing products both for Merrithew.com and other e-retailer clients
- Perform quality assurance tests within the store ensuring videos, images and full descriptions are loaded and accurate
- Maximize video content assets to drive sales
- In conjunction with Content Specialist and Marketing Coordinator, develop product content on monthly basis to keep the store fresh (including store home page, trending bar, key landing pages, blog features, and social media spotlights)
- In conjunction with Digital Marketing Manager, devise web store optimization projects to improve user experience, site engagement and conversions and develop SEM initiatives to support web store sales.
- Moderate and post Ratings & Reviews to the web store and drive engagement initiatives to encourage consumer generated content and strengthen community awareness
- Monitor and optimize all web store customer touch points including: web experience, triggered and manual communications, fulfilment experience, and follow up to purchase.
- Work with members of the Marketing team and IT to refine and update customer lifecycle automated messages to drive acquisition and reduce churn including New Visitor Light boxes, Welcome Emails, Follow Up to Purchase, Abandon Cart and Win Back messages.
- Create a loyalty program for our most valuable customers
- Monitor and report behavior, CLV and other KPIs pertaining to new and repeat customers as well as our main customer segments: at-home enthusiasts, professionals and facilities; use insights to drive web projects and targeted sales initiatives.
- Monitor sales group service responses and customer care to ensure that best practices are being adhered to and our customers are being served
- Actively communicate web store developments with the company’s key stakeholders and sales groups
- Track and report on order cancellations
Monthly & seasonal promotions
- Recommend and oversee the development of the annual web store promotions calendar with key stakeholders from: Retail, Commercial and Education
- Increase the frequency and relevance of seasonal offers, targeted segment offers and flash sales
- Devise and orchestrate major annual campaigns including Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Holiday Campaign, and Free Freight, etc..
- Analyze and report on the success of every promotion, compiling results and sharing key takeaways with appropriate departments
- Work with Retail Operations team to verify stock levels and Web team to coordinate sales pricing and SKU lists and verify all promotions are set up and working prior to go-live
- Work with Retail Sales to ensure promotions calendar takes into account other e-retailer offers and campaigns
- Create promo codes and coupons for sales efforts and communicate with departmental sales groups to advise of all active promotions
- Track sales and conversion rates and KPIs to secure insights and report findings on monthly, quarterly and annually basis
Database segmentation and data integrity
- Actively participate in a companywide initiative to ensure proper data governance and accuracy, working closely with IT
- Analyze and segment our database to send relevant offers and correspondence to our most valued customers, new customers, yet to purchase etc.
Digital content development
- Play a lead role in the merchandising of all Merrithew™ digital assets for the home and professional markets (and in multiple languages)
- Researching competitor sites and best practices; recommending merchandising and user experience when purchasing digital products, in multiple languages
- Recommending streaming and digital pricing programs and what content to offer including suggesting how to constantly add fresh, new content to drive user engagement
- Lead a cross-functional team to re-platform the company’s E-Commerce engine including solution selection, scope development and implementation
- Maintain project plan and communicate milestones
Skills and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience driving e-commerce sales and development with a clear understanding of e-commerce industry best-practices
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or Business
- Strong business acumen and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Strategic thinker who can quickly discern business objectives, understand constraints, provide solutions and develop concise strategies and implementation plans
- Strong CRM background
- Ability to design and manage complex testing plans
- Strong analytical skills demonstrating an ability to collect and manipulate data, analyze trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Expertise using web analytics platforms and optimization tools such as Google Analytics, etc.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Solid relationship-building skills; customer-focused with a strong attention to detail and quality
Merrithew™ is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please indicate so by notifying Human Resources.
Merrithew, Leaders in Mindful Movement™, was co-founded by Lindsay and Moira Merrithew in 1988. For over 25 years they have been dedicated to enriching the lives of others by providing responsible exercise modalities and innovative fitness brands across the globe. Merrithew’s premier Pilates brand, STOTT PILATES®, delivers best-in class Pilates education and media to everyone from avid exercisers, elite athletes, and pre/post-natal clients, to rehab and fitness professionals, and is used by studios worldwide.
Other high-end Merrithew fitness brands include ZEN•GA®, Total Barre™, CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™ and Halo® Training. Merrithew has trained over 50,000 students in over 100 countries. Merrithew’s Media Division (MMD) produces print and video-based content for professional and consumer markets.