It’s been a busy year here at Merrithew™, and the blog is no exception.
As 2017 comes to a close, we’ve brought together some highlights in honor of the year gone by.
The top ten posts of 2017 show that the Merrithew community is delving into education, from testing knowledge with Spot the Difference features, to seeking advice from our experts to videos that help specific populations.
- Exercise of the Month: Total Barre® Arms, Triceps, Squats
- Ask the Expert: Clients with Wrist Pain
- Runner Series: Bilateral and Unilateral Long Stretch
- 5 Benefits of Agility Training
- Spot the Difference: Scapulae Positioning
- Exercise of the Month: STOTT PILATES® Rehab: Rotator Cuff Injuries: Scapulae Isolation with the Halo® Trainer Plus
- Spot the Difference: Fitness Circle® Flex Between the Lower Legs
- Exercise of the Month: STOTT PILATES® for Active Aging: Crabwalk
- Exercise of the Month: ZEN•GA®: Arch Stimulator, Circle Step, Side Step, Back Line Stimulator
- Runner Series: Chest Press with Squats and Rotation
We’ve also highlighted a number of inspirational stories from Merrithew Instructors, including the incredible spirit of breast cancer survivor Mary Huckle, Joana Meneses’ switch from comedian to globe-trotting Pilates Instructor, Laura Mohi’s ambitious studio plans and the life-changing career decision of Rujun Fu.
Running a studio is serious business, and we’ve asked a number of owners to share how they did it with the community. Catherine Hebb of Runway Pilates explained how she opened a second studio in the UK, Bita and Reza Ali discussed how they painstakingly planned the opening of Real Pilates in Dubai, Anita Tang and Patricia Liao shared how they successfully incorporated Pilates into their yoga studio the Orange Room in Shanghai, and Monique Lavoie detailed how she brought Pilates to Winnipeg, Manitoba with Pilates Winnipeg.
Clients come in every shape, size, level of ability and fitness interest, and we’ve put together some video series that use Merrithew branded programs to focus on specific client populations. Whether it’s CORE™ for Youth, Weekend Warriors or Weightlifters, STOTT PILATES® for Triathletes, Active Aging or post-rehab for shoulder and knee injuries or glute activation, Total Barre® for pre- or post-natal, Halo® Training to build power and endurance or ZEN•GA® for flow and balance, we’ve got your client bases covered.
We’ve also recapped on key programming information, compiling useful info on careers and education options for fitness instructors.
We’re always looking for new stories, questions, opinions and more! If you have an idea that you think would be a good fit for the blog, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.