With such a broad, diverse and talented community of fitness professionals in every corner of the globe, we’re lucky here at Merrithew® HQ to have an endless number of stories to tell.
Over the past year, we’ve featured some of your incredible experiences and insights on the blog.
From inspiring tales about kids, seniors and everyone in between practicing mindful movement, to Q&As with our Instructor Trainers on everything from stabilizer muscles to keeping fit on vacation.
We’ve talked about how to boost your studio business, ace your STOTT PILATES® exam and perfect your programming for pre- and post-natal women.
Along the way, we hope you’ve learned something new.
Here are the blog posts you found most interesting in 2019
1. Ask the Expert: Why is spring tension on a Pilates Reformer treated differently than conventional weight training?
When a client asks how the Pilates Reformer spring tension compares to weights at the gym, here’s the answer.
2. Ask the Expert: Find out more about Fascia
Co-founder Moira Merrithew on the importance of fascia and what fitness professionals need to know.
3. 6 stretches to do at your desk to improve your posture
Target the muscles that are often neglected as the result of too much sedentary behavior.
4. Exercise of the Month: Jackknife with Halo® Trainer Plus
Test your body’s endurance and strength with this full-body conditioning exercise.
5. Take my Cue: Communicate more effectively with your clients
The key to effective cueing is to provide structure and set priorities.
6. Introducing the Stability Barrel™ Lite: 5 exercises to make your workout more dynamic
Learn how to use this versatile exercise tool to challenge your clients’ strength, balance, proprioception and control.
7. Mindful Movement Programming for Kids: 10 fun exercises to get kids moving
Motivate your kids to get active, move mindfully and have fun with these simple exercises.
8. Becoming a STOTT PILATES instructor: Make a commitment
Interested in a career in mindful movement? Follow student Paige Schuman as she progresses through the STOTT PILATES education program.
9. Ask the Expert: The importance of eccentric contraction
Find out the difference between isometric, isotonic and isokinetic muscle actions, and why muscular control is crucial in both flexion and extension.
10. Why men should do Pilates: For sports performance, injury prevention and everyday life
How Pilates can benefit men of all ages— and why professional athletes like NBA player Kevin Durant are already onboard.