for Performance Trainers
Synergy Performance Taping involves placing strips of elastic kinesiology tape called Synergy Performance Tape strategically on the skin to encourage balance in muscle function. Synergy Performance Tape, unlike conventional athletic taping, is applied in a manner that allows the body to move freely and without restriction. Synergy Performance Taping can be used on a variety of areas of the body to help normalize muscle firing patterns and improve joint function and is used by amateur, Olympic and professional athletes to help optimize performance. This taping procedure can also be used with everyday clients to help restore quality of movement and improve the efficiency of tactically designed exercise program.
In a mixture of classroom presentations and practical lab sessions, students learn to perform and interpret functional assessments, select and administer appropriate associated taping applications as well as construct suitable corrective exercise routines. As a key feature of this course, extensive opportunities for practice, evaluation and feedback in the hands-on lab sessions ensure students develop assessment and taping skills that will translate directly to improved outcomes for their clients.
- Hear the main benefits and key concepts of Synergy Performance Taping
- Discuss how taping can normalize nervous system function and balance muscle activation
- Examine common syndromes including Upper and Lower Cross Syndrome and the associated potential muscle imbalances
- Review common areas of muscle imbalance through functional tests
- Practice appropriate tape application to facilitate or inhibit desired muscles