Merrithew Health & Fitness Customer Service Accessibility Standards Policy
Effective Date – January 1, 2012
- In keeping with its mission to "inspire and support people worldwide to achieve optimal mind-body fitness and wellness through premium pilates instruction, equipment and DVDs.”, Merrithew Health & Fitness is committed to providing accessible, quality services and goods to persons with disabilities in a manner that promotes dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity.
- Merrithew Health & Fitness shall at all times make available its services and goods to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service prescribed under theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, as amended.
C. PUBLIC AWARENESS
- To this end, Merrithew Health & Fitness has adopted a written policy entitled Customer Service Accessibility Standards Policy (hereinafter, "Policy").
- All employees providing services or goods for or on behalf of Merrithew Health & Fitness shall do so in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Policy.
- Management and supervisory staff shall be responsible for ensuring that all services within their department(s), division(s) or service area are provided in accordance with the Policy.
- The Customer Service Manager shall maintain a copy of the Policy and shall cause to have the Policy reviewed and revised from time to time to maintain it current with the prescribed Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
- Merrithew Health & Fitness shall post a copy of the document, Customer Service Accessibility Standards Policy as amended from to time to time, on their web site and upon request, make available to members of the public either in person, verbally or in writing, online, by telephone, TTY or any other means.
E. COMMUNICATIONS AND AVAILABILITY OF DOCUMENTS
- To create awareness and to ensure compliance with the Policy and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Merrithew Health & Fitness shall ensure that all employees receive training as soon as practicable on the Policy and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service and on an ongoing basis as changes occur to the Policy and/or to the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
- To this end, Merrithew Health & Fitness has developed a written training and compliance manual (hereinafter, "Training Manual") which sets out its practices and procedures in its provision of services to persons with disabilities. Merrithew Health & Fitness shall maintain a copy of the Training Manual in the offices and shall cause to have the Training Manuals reviewed and revised from time to time to maintain them current with current best practices and with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
- All Merrithew Health & Fitness frontline employees shall receive training on the Policy, which shall include receiving a copy of the Training Manual and completing the test/quiz contained therein prior to the end of the calendar year 2011.
- New Merrithew Health & Fitness employees hired and/or otherwise retained after 2011 shall receive training on the Policy, including receiving a copy of the Training Manual, as soon as is practicable given their duties and responsibilities.
- Without limiting the generality of paragraphs 10 and 11 above, the training contemplated herein shall include:
- review of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
- review of the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service as prescribed under the Act;
- instructions on Merrithew Health & Fitness Policy and its procedures and practices pertaining to the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities, as set out in the Training Manual;
- how to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
- what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Merrithew Health & Fitness goods and services;
- how to interact with persons with disabilities who use assistive devices or who require the assistance of a support person or service animal; and
- information about equipment or devices available on Merrithew Health & Fitness premises that may help with the provisions of goods and services to persons with disabilities.
- The Customer Service Manager shall cause written training records to be maintained, indicating the date on which training was provided, the type of training and the name of attendees.
- All documents required under the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, including Merrithew Health & Fitness Policy, Training Manual, training records, notices, feedback records and this Policy, shall be made available to members of the public upon written request.
- When providing any documentation to a person with a disability, Merrithew Health & Fitness shall do so in a manner and a format that takes into account the person's disability.
- Materials and publications produced by Merrithew Health & Fitness should include a statement indicating that the material and/or publication "is available in an alternative format upon request."
- If requested, an alternate format shall be provided in a manner in which is agreed upon between the requester and Merrithew Health & Fitness, and which takes into account the person's disability (e.g. large print format, audio recordings, electronic copies). All requests for alternative formats shall be immediately communicated in writing to the Vice President, Sales and Customer Service. Management of the department and/or division shall be responsible for providing alternative formats, when requested, to a person with a disability.
G. QUESTIONS, COMPLIMENTS OR COMPLAINTS
- Merrithew Health & Fitness is committed to continuous improvement. To this end, anyone who wishes to provide any feedback about how to provide goods or services to a person with a disability and/or improve the Policy and/or Training Manuals (including its Appendices) may do so by contacting the Customer Service Manager at the addresses noted in paragraph 20 below or completing the feedback form online at www.merrithew.com
- All feedback shall be acknowledged by the Customer Service Manager, in writing within ten (10) business days. Any action taken as a result of a feedback will be communicated to the person as soon as possible.
- Anyone with compliments, complaints, questions or concerns about the Policy or Manuals may contact the Customer Service Manager in person, in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or online
Merrithew Health & Fitness
2200 Yonge Street, Suite 500
Toronto, Ontario M4S 2C6
Telephone: 416 482-4050
Fax: 416 482-2742
Merrithew Health & Fitness will acknowledge your questions, concerns, compliments and complaints and will provide a written response, together with its findings, within ten (10) business days of receiving your correspondence.
- This Protocol is available in an alternative format, upon request, to accommodate a person with a disability.