Merrithew Health & Fitness™ is a name synonymous with the highest quality and finest manufacturing materials in the health and fitness industry. The company’s philosophy is that effective and responsible exercise is the foundation for a better lifestyle – no matter what age or fitness ability. Through its fitness brands STOTT PILATES®, ZENGA™, CORE™ and Total Barre™, MH&F provides high-caliber equipment, education and media to studios and fitness facilities worldwide. MERRITHEW ENTERTAINMENT produces print and video-based content for the professional and consumer markets.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director of Finance will be a key member of the management team overseeing the Finance, IT and Human Resource functions. A hands-on individual, the Senior Director of Finance will be responsible for the management and carrying out of a full range of controllership and day-to-day financial and administrative activities and providing key management and support to Finance, IT and HR staff.
- Manage the Company’s financial plans, policies and procedures, internal controls and accounting practices
- Ensure financial and management reporting data is accurate and issued on a timely basis in order to facilitate corporate decision making
- Plan and develop the operational budget and ensure adherence with only pre-approved variances due to business plan changes
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reporting
- Managing the annual external review of the financial statements
- Preparation of both US and Canadian tax returns
- Manage the Treasury and Risk Management activities of the company
- Work collaboratively as a financial leader with functional heads across the company
- Manage banking relationships
- Supervise the IT and HR functions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA CA, CMA, CGA)
- 8 - 10 years’ experience, in a small company entrepreneurial setting, preferably in the manufacturing sector in a senior finance/accounting role
- Cost accounting knowledge
- Strong understanding of commodity tax both in Canada and internationally and payroll
- Experience in import and export transactions
- Ability to work on numerous tasks and priorities at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong relationship and team building abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with strategic business partners.
- Strong understanding of accounting/payroll software (SAGE 300, ADP)
- Experience in managing both IT and HR functions
- Strong business acumen
If you believe this describes you, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.