Merrithew Health & Fitness™ is a name synonymous with the highest quality and finest manufacturing materials in the health and fitness industry. The company’s philosophy is that effective and responsible exercise is the foundation for a better lifestyle – no matter what age or fitness ability. Through its fitness brands STOTT PILATES®, ZENGA™, CORE™ and Total Barre™, MH&F provides high-caliber equipment, education and media to studios and fitness facilities worldwide. MERRITHEW ENTERTAINMENT produces print and video-based content for the professional and consumer markets.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director of Finance will be a key member of the management team overseeing the Finance, IT and Human Resource functions. A hands-on individual, the Senior Director of Finance will be responsible for the management and carrying out of a full range of controllership and day-to-day financial and administrative activities and providing key management and support to Finance, IT and HR staff.
- Manage the Company’s financial plans, policies and procedures, internal controls and accounting practices
- Ensure financial and management reporting data is accurate and issued on a timely basis in order to facilitate corporate decision making
- Plan and develop the operational budget and ensure adherence with only pre-approved variances due to business plan changes
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reporting
- Managing the annual external review of the financial statements
- Preparation of both US and Canadian tax returns
- Manage the Treasury and Risk Management activities of the company
- Work collaboratively as a financial leader with functional heads across the company
- Manage banking relationships
- Supervise the IT and HR functions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA CA, CMA, CGA)
- 8 - 10 years’ experience, in a small company entrepreneurial setting, preferably in the manufacturing sector in a senior finance/accounting role
- Cost accounting knowledge
- Strong understanding of commodity tax both in Canada and internationally and payroll
- Experience in import and export transactions
- Ability to work on numerous tasks and priorities at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong relationship and team building abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with strategic business partners.
- Strong understanding of accounting/payroll software (SAGE 300, ADP)
- Experience in managing both IT and HR functions
- Strong business acumen
If you believe this describes you, please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.